Don’t know what a press release is?
Multi-award winning former journalist turned public relations writer, Delroy A. Whyte-Hall! Explains that a press release is a one-page document that announces some news about an organization or business related to:
- Events (charity functions, online seminars, live presentations, etc.)
- New hires;
- Company mergers, partnerships, anniversaries, etc.;
- New products and services;
- Industry updates; and
- Any creative topic linked to current news or trends that builds buzz!
- Media members receive press releases “over the wire.”
“This simply means that a news service distributes your press release via satellite, landline, or the Internet to thousands of media outlets and journalists worldwide,” said Mr. Whyte-Hall, who has had many years working as a newspaper reporter and editor. He’s is now head of his own public relations consultancy, Whyte-Hall Communications, LLC, that provides PR programming and copywriting services for clients around the world.
Need to get a professionally written press release done ASAP?