Hagerstown-Washington County Chamber of Commerce today announced the Washington County Export Forum will take place on January 20, 2016 from 9:00 to 11:00 am at the Academy Theater, 58 West Washington Street, Hagerstown, MD.
The event is designed to help local business owners expand their business reach overseas.
According to the forum’s organizers, attendees will be hearing from representatives of Maryland Commerce, namely the US Export Assistance Center, Small Business Administration Export Finance, Small Business Development Center, World Trade Center Institute, District Export Council, and the Export-Import Bank.
Not only will attendees be served to a complimentary light breakfast, but they will also be treated a series of presentations covering such topics as:
- Federal and state resources to help Maryland companies advance their export sales
- Information about applying for export grand funds up to $10,000 and other export financing options
- Private sector led networking opportunities and mentoring
- Export counseling and training opportunities
- Free and low-cost match making services and trade show opportunities
According to the event organizers, there will be no cost to attend.