As a LegalShield small business member you have access to attorneys who can provide advice on the legal challenges you face managing your business but who can you turn to for advice about business planning, marketing and financing? While you can find a great deal of advice for small business owners online, sorting through it all can be daunting. We have compiled some of the best websites and tools that offer guidance on managing employees, financial planning, professional development and online reputation management. If you need legal assistance call your LegalShield provider law firm.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) – The SBA website offers a wide range of information on starting a business, securing financing and managing human resources and employee benefits. The SBA Learning Center offers free online training sessions, videos and chat sessions on important topics like the Affordable Care Act and intellectual property law.
- SCORE Association – SCORE began as the Service Corps of Retired Executives to help guide and teach small business owners. The SCORE website has a wealth of information about small business management. In addition to useful articles and video training sessions you can also build a relationship with an experienced mentor through the SCORE mentorship program, which offers free counseling assistance to help small business owners develop professional management skills.
- IRS Small Business Center – The IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center offers links to tax forms, details on e-filing, Employer ID Number (EIN) applications and useful training information.
- GoSmallBiz.com – The GoSmallBiz.com free business guides and blog are a great resource for information on everything from writing business plans, financing, customer communications, social media and taxes. Additionally, GoSmallBiz.com is a LegalShield partner and offers a number of fee-based services for small businesses, including a website builder, risk assessment, forms, marketing and more. As a LegalShield small business member you may purchase these services at a discounted rate from LegalShield. Click here to learn more.
- U.S. Copyright Office & U.S. Patent and Trademark Office – It is important to protect your intellectual property and avoid infringing on the intellectual property rights of others. The U.S. Copyright Office website offers excellent FAQs that explain copyright protection and registration. The Patent and Trademark Office website also includes a FAQ section as well as tools for registering patents and trademarks.
- Google Alerts & Social Mention – You cannot afford to ignore your business’s online reputation. Google Alerts and Social Mention allow you to track online reviews and comments related to your business. Monitoring both positive and negative reviews will help you stay in front of negative publicity and refine your customer service.
SMALL BUSINESS 10, 50, 100: GET STARTED NOW/LEARN MORE