Your LegalShield membership gives you access to a wide network of experienced attorneys. Using your LegalShield membership helps you make informed decisions about all manner of legal matters from the trivial to the traumatic. We surveyed some of our top LegalShield provider attorneys and asked, “What is the most important advice you can give our LegalShield members?” Here is what they said:
- No problem is too small. If it is important to you, it is important to us. LegalShield provider law firms deal with everything from personal injury and bankruptcy to parking tickets and utility bill disputes. No matter what type of issue you are dealing with your provider law firm can offer practical legal advice.
- There are no dumb questions, but many mistakes are made by not asking a question. If you have a question, never hesitate to ask. Your LegalShield provider law firm can help demystify even the most complex legal problems.
- Lawyers cannot change the past; NEVER sign a contract, lease or other agreement before you call your LegalShield attorney for review and advice. Contracts and other written agreements are often written to intentionally obscure the true meaning. Your LegalShield attorney can help you make sense of a contract, lease or other agreement to ensure you fully understand your obligations.
- Call your LegalShield Provider law firm to learn ALL of your available legal options before making an important decision. Sometimes even the best option is not ideal, but it is important to weigh all of the possible legal remedies. Making an informed decision early on can make all the difference.
- If you are arrested or detained, tell the police officer clearly and unequivocally that you will not answer any questions until you talk with your lawyer. Always remain calm and respectful in your interactions with law enforcement. Save any objections or arguments you may have for court.
- Program your LegalShield provider law firm’s phone number into your cell phone. The new MyLegalShield member app makes it easier then ever to call your provider law firm. Once you are signed in, the app knows what number to dial. The same is true when you want to call your Identity Theft Advisor or member services team. In addition, if you have an emergency, you can use the app to call 24/7/365 and speak to a lawyer. Click here to learn more about downloading the MyLegalShield app.