1. More and more people are using online news sources to find information on products, services, companies and ideas. Most news stories and press releases are read by the public looking for product and services, even great deals.
2. A correctly optimized online news release can get your website to the top of page one for your chosen keywords in the news engines within 24 hours.
3. If there is a relevant and timely news result on a keyword, both Yahoo and Google are displaying this news item above the number one organic position in web search.
4. You reach your target audience directly – no reporters or editors to filter your message.
5. You know that when someone reads your news release they are interested in that subject – they asked for it by keyword.
6. Online releases can be tracked – for the first time you can get statistics of how many times your press release was accessed or downloaded. With the proper web analytics in place you can track click throughs to your website too.
7. The article will get picked up and published on other relevant sites increasing the number of people who see your content and visit your site.
8. If your article has been correctly optimized, it will have keyword links in it. Every time your article appears on another website it builds more relevant inbound links to your site, which positively affects your search rankings.
9. Optimized online press releases migrate from the news search to the web search within a week or so and they can show up in the web search on your keywords.
10. If you add the releases to your website and put them into an RSS feed you increase your visibility. Soon your articles will be showing up in news aggregators, Yahoo News and Google Blogsearch.
~ Source: Courtesy of By Wendy Boswell, About.com Guide
If you need further information with writing your website press release, CLICK HERE.