- Mr. Michael Blake, EMBESS Pharmacy, Shop 1D Hagley Park Plaza, Kingston 10; Tel: (876) 968-2272.
- Mr. Neil N. Davis, Caledonia Outdoor Advertising, 4 Phoenix Avenue, Kingston 10; Tel: (876) 968-3235, (876) 568-8627.
- Mrs. Roper, Jamaica Trade & Invest (JAMPRO), 18 Trafalgar Road, Kingston 5; Tel: (876) 978-7755, (876) 978-3337.
- Manufacturers Credit Information Services (Advance), 8 Grenada Crescent, Kingston 5; Tel: (876) 968-3235, (876) 926-1939.
- New Line Motors Company Limited, 114 Constant Spring Road, Kingston 8, Tel: (876) 969-2347; (876) 924-1266; (876) 925-2181.
***PAJ INTRODUCES NEW PROCEDURES FOR SELECTING JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR The Press Association of Jamaica (PAJ) is inviting nomination for the 2009 National Journalism Awards for works published between October 24, 2008 and October 31, 2009. This year’s awards include the new category of Best Entertainment Journalist. The deadline for receiving entries is November 21, 2009. At the same time, the PAJ Executive has announced new procedures for selecting Journalist of the Year. Under the revised procedures, journalists will no longer be required to submit entries for consideration for Journalist of the Year. Instead, media houses are being encouraged to set up Internal Awards Committees which will identify outstanding works done by journalists throughout the year. These internal committees shall submit the names of persons within the media house, who in the committee’s opinion have produced outstanding works, to an Oversight Committee that will generate a shortlist of nominees for Journalist of the Year. Media houses are being asked to select one representative, preferably the chair of their internal committee, to sit on the Oversight Committee. The new guidelines for selecting Journalist of the Year as well as the awards categories are attached. Contact: Byron Buckley -4408393
***WHAT’S ON (Calendar of Events) JAMAICA ASSOCIATION OF YOUNG PROFESSIONALS(JAYP) What: Business Mixer When: Friday, November 13, 2009 at 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Where: Fiction Lounge, Constant Spring Road, Kingston 10. To see more details and RSVP, follow the link below: http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=170690971849&mid=1565ddcG2dbe5d27G781c62fG7 *** SUBMIT YOUR NEWS RELEASES Submit Press Release to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 48 hours for it to appear. All submissions are reviewed by our editor before they are accepted:
- All press releases, announcements and news stories must relate to small businesses, startups, or entrepreneurs in some way.
- This is a free community service — no payment is requested or accepted.
- Due to the volume of releases I receive, I cannot notify you if your release is accepted or not – I suggest you check THE BLOG ENTERPRISE every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to see if it has been accepted.