TOYBOX FOUNDATION CHRISTMAS LAUNCH
Recently the TOYBOX Charity Foundation had the launch of its’ Christmas Toy Drive at the Village Blues Cafe and it was a success. However, we are still far from our target of collecting 1000 toys and we need your help.
This Christmas we want to brighten the smiles and touch the lives of children who are less fortunate than we are. Let’s show them that we care by presenting them with a toy as we spread the message of giving this Christmas. You don’t need to wrap them but if you do please indicate if it is a toy for a girl or boy. Here is a list of the designated areas for the collection of gifts.
(Half-Way-Tree drop off points)
- Mr. Michael Blake, EMBESS Pharmacy, Shop 1D Hagley Park Plaza, Kingston 10; Tel: (876) 968-2272.
- Mr. Neil N. Davis, Caledonia Outdoor Advertising, 4 Phoenix Avenue, Kingston 10; Tel: (876) 968-3235, (876) 568-8627.
(New Kingston drop-off points)
- Mrs. Roper, Jamaica Trade & Invest (JAMPRO), 18 Trafalgar Road, Kingston 5; Tel: (876) 978-7755, (876) 978-3337.
- Manufacturers Credit Information Services (Advance), 8 Grenada Crescent, Kingston 5; Tel: (876) 968-3235, (876) 926-1939.
- New Line Motors Company Limited, 114 Constant Spring Road, Kingston 8, Tel: (876) 969-2347; (876) 924-1266; (876) 925-2181.
“Gifts donated will be delivered to four Children’s Home across Jamaica on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day,” said TOYBOX Charity Foundation’s Media & Communications Manager, Michael Lee. “Thanks again to all those who helped out last year, your time and effort is deeply appreciated. Let’s help to Make a Difference in a Child’s life this Christmas.”
Contacts (TOYBOX Charity Foundation):
Neil N. Davis, Project Coordinator, Email: email@example.com; Tel: 1.876.568.8627
Michael Lee, Media & Communications Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 1.876.487.5934
PAJ INTRODUCES NEW PROCEDURES FOR SELECTING JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR
The Press Association of Jamaica (PAJ) is inviting nomination for the 2009 National Journalism Awards for works published between October 24, 2008 and October 31, 2009. This year’s awards include the new category of Best Entertainment Journalist. The deadline for receiving entries is November 21, 2009.
At the same time, the PAJ Executive has announced new procedures for selecting Journalist of the Year. Under the revised procedures, journalists will no longer be required to submit entries for consideration for Journalist of the Year.
Instead, media houses are being encouraged to set up Internal Awards Committees which will identify outstanding works done by journalists throughout the year. These internal committees shall submit the names of persons within the media house, who in the committee’s opinion have produced outstanding works, to an Oversight Committee that will generate a shortlist of nominees for Journalist of the Year.
Media houses are being asked to select one representative, preferably the chair of their internal committee, to sit on the Oversight Committee.
The new guidelines for selecting Journalist of the Year as well as the awards categories are attached.
Contact: Byron Buckley -4408393
WHAT’S ON (Calendar of Events)
What: Business Mixer
When: Friday, November 13, 2009 at 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Where: Fiction Lounge, Constant Spring Road, Kingston 10.
To see more details and RSVP, follow the link below:
Submit Press Release to email@example.com.
Please allow 48 hours for it to appear. All submissions are reviewed by our editor before they are accepted:
- All press releases, announcements and news stories must relate to small businesses, startups, or entrepreneurs in some way.
- This is a free community service — no payment is requested or accepted.
- Due to the volume of releases I receive, I cannot notify you if your release is accepted or not – I suggest you check THE BLOG ENTERPRISE every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to see if it has been accepted.
All contact information you submit will be published!