IN THIS ISSUE
- Calendar of Events
- BNS’ Small Business Loan Options Helping Entrepreneurs!
- Submission (How to make your submissions for publications)
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Freedom Sounds (From Mento, Ska, Reggae and Beyond) on Sunday, October 4 at 8:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. at Temple Hall Estate.
- JBDC Business Development Training 1 & 2 “Supporting Small Businesses in Jamaica” on Tuesday, October 6 at 9:30 a.m. to Thursday, October 8 at 4:00 p.m. at the JBDC Incubator & Resource Centre, 76 Marcus Garvey Drive, Kingston 13. Training includes: Entrepreneurship, Identifying Business Ideas, Strategic Planning for Business Success, and Introduction to Marketing/Marketing Analysis. Time: 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. DAILY! Registration closes September 30, 2009. Cost: BDT1 – $1,700 and BDT 2 – $2,700.
- Fundraising Lapathon on Saturday, October 31 at 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, Emancipation Park, Kingston.
- JAYP Business Mixer “The “Our Show” Edition on RJR 94 FM, Thursday, October 8 at 6:00 p.m. – 8 at 10:00pm, Fiction Lounge, Market Place, Constant Spring Road. The Business Mixer: Where professionals get great prizes, enjoy great company and are entertained. Admission: Free (Take your business cards). Sponsors: Johnnie Walker, LIME, Arcor, Air Jamaica, Tetley and HD Hopwood & Co.
BNS’ Small Business Loan Options Helping Entrepreneurs Achieve Big Dreams!
No matter what your banking needs are, NCB’s Small and Medium Enterprise (SME)gives you the financial and technical support to help your business achieve big dreams. With the help of experienced business bankers, your business will achieve new levels of efficiently and productivity whether you are just starting out or well established.
NCB is the bank of choice for small and medium sized businesses and offers a variety of relevant products and services as well as professional and dedicated business bankers to better serve you.
Their SME team will assist you in accessing professional and technical assistance for various areas of your business such as business planning, staff training and development, marketing, accounting and capital expansion.
In their Vol. 15 Be In The Know newsletter, Courtney Campbell, General Manager, Retail Banking Division, outlined some of the NCB SME products – designed for the SME market needs.
Within NCB SME has introduced a number of products to the financial services market as a means of assisting Jamaica’s small and medium businesses to realise their potential for profitability and economic viability. These include:
- The NCB Business Premium Plan. This plan provides an integrated banking package and offers customers the opportunity to avoid the payment of a monthly service charge among other fees, by maintaining a monthly minimum balance of $200,000. It also incluses a Business Current Account with features such as liquidity, cash management and investment services, and corporate credit cards.
- As a small business person ,who just start banking with the institution, the bank promises that thorough it’s NCB Start-Up Package, you are entitle to free banking services for three months, while also access to the bank’s full suite of products and services. Additionally, you’ll be able to access valuable business-building and wealth creation assistance from both the bank’s Relationship Managers, including your own Branch managers.
- The Clubs, Churches and Charities Package offers free banking to registered NGOs, including clubs, churches, societies and charities.
The NCB SME model defines small and medium businesses as those with an annual sales turnover of J$500 million or less. NCB has a suite of special credit facilities for SMEs.
So, the next time you go to your bank branch, why not meet with one the managers there and ask them which one small business loan packages best suits your needs?
SUBMISSIONS (THE BLOG ENTERPRISE!)
THE BLOG ENTERPRISE is a subsidiary of Whyte-Hall Communications (http://sites.google.com/site/whytehallcommunications) – Jamaica’s leading virtual-based public relations consultancy that specializes in publicity planning, inclusive of Press Coverage, Media Relations, Corporate & News Photography, and Copywriting for Corporate and Non-Profit’s Newsletters and Blogs. Its President and CEO is Multi-Award Caribbean Journalist, Delroy A. Whyte-Hall.
With a weekly distribution of over 1,500 individuals across a vast local, regional, and international network, THE BLOG ENTERPRISE is published Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and is distributed via eMail Subscriptions and RSS News Readers (My Yahoo! Bloglines, Google, Netvibes, Newsgator, and others).
Need to get the word out about your business and non-profit to your target audiences? Send your submissions (notices, media advisories, news releases, profiles, or any other MSME-related information for publication to: email@example.com.